- The Seasonal Porter has returned to Campbell Brewing Company (200 East Campbell Ave., Campbell; 408-866-2699) as announced earlier last week.
- Newest batch of Hoptopia from Hermitage Brewing Company bottled last week and in stores soon.
- The London Porter is back on tap at Faultline Brewing Company (1235 Oakmead Parkway, Sunnyvale; 408-736-2379). Faultline will also offer a Weizen Bock for the first time – refer to their Jan. 10 press release for more info.
- S.F. Beer Week 2012 has released the second of three release dates, and the schedule page for the South Bay region includes more San Jose area events.
- Mon., Jan. 16, 2012, 6pm-8pm: San Jose’s Wine Affairs Beer Tasting – Anniversary Ale Tasting (keg tapping of Firestone 15th). $10 per person. 1435 The Alameda, 408-977-0111.
- Thur., Jan. 18, 2012, starting at 6pm: Pint night at Harry’s Hofbrau in San Jose (390 Saratoga Ave.) features Uinta’s Labyrinth. 390 Saratoga Ave.
- Mon., Jan. 23, 2012, 6pm-8pm: San Jose’s Wine Affairs Special Beer Tasting and Meet the Brewer with Strike Brewing Co. $12 per person.
- Sat., Jan. 28, 2012, 3pm-9pm: Winter KraftBrew Beer Fest 2012 in downtown San Jose (Landmark Ballroom at the San Jose Women’s Club, 75 South 11th Street).
- Mon., Jan. 30, 2012, 5:30pm-8:30pm: San Jose’s Wine Affairs End of Month Beerfest.
- Fri., Feb. 10-Sun., Feb. 19, 2012: 4th Edition of SF Beer Week with a number of San Jose area events, including five beer events hosted by Harry’s Hofbrau in San Jose.
- Sat., Feb. 11, 2012, starting at 2pm: SJ Beerwalk in Japantown, hosted by Jack’s Bar and Lounge and Dishcrawl. “Come experience 15+ varieties of beer poured by San Jose’s retailers and restaurants while strolling with friends and neighbors.”
- Sat., Feb. 11, 2012, 7pm-9pm: San Jose’s Wine Affairs IPA Blind Tasting as part of SF Beer Week. “Time to put your tastebuds to the test. Which truly is the best IPA out there? You may think you know but perhaps the answer will surprise us all! Featuring some big name IPAs and some you’ve never heard of. Bring your game face, these hoppy beers aren’t messing around.”
- Thur., Feb. 16, 2012, 6pm-9pm: South Bay Brewmaster Dinner at California Cafe Palo Alto (700 Welch Road, Palo Alto; 650-325-2233) as part of SF Beer Week. “California Cafe in Palo Alto is hosting a 5 course dinner with 5 South Bay Breweries. There will be two beers per course. Tied House, Strike, Firehouse, Campbell Brewing, and one more! We will be putting breweries head to head, tasting the difference in their brewing styles, hear the brew masters describe their beers.” $55.00 per person.
- Sat., Feb. 18, 2012, 1pm-5pm: 3rd Annual Meet the Brewers Festival (“Meet the South Bay and Santa Cruz Brewers 2012”) in San Jose (1627 South 7th Street). Tickets available by mid-January. Presented by Tied House Brewery/Hermitage Brewing Company as part of SF Beer Week. “Our 3rd Annual Meet the Brewers Festival is here! Celebrate the best of the South Bay and Santa Cruz area with the premiere festival in our area. More breweries this year…it’s gonna be hoppin! More details to come very soon.”
[This post was shared on Examiner.com.]