The following is a collection of recent San Jose beer news and a list of craft beer events in San Jose and the greater South Bay for the upcoming week and beyond.
Recent Beer News
- Sunnyvale’s Faultline Brewing Company recently announced their two seasonal beer selections for April – Golden Ale (an American-style Blonde Ale) and Belgian Tripel, adding that most of their seasonal beers do not last for more than two months.
- Smoke Eaters Hot Wings, with locations in San Jose and Cupertino, recently anounced their craft beer offerings. At their San Jose location: Drake’s Black Robusto Porter 5.4%, Sculpin IPA 7%, Allagash White 5%, Green Flash Palate Wrecker 9.5%, Firestone Double Jack IPA 9.5%, Tripel Karmeliet 8.4% and Russian River Redemption 4.8%. At their Cupertino location: Arrogant Bastard 7.2%, Allagash White 5.0%, Green Flash West Coast IPA 7.3%, Lagunitas Hop Stoopid Ale 8.0%, Pranqster 7.6%, Tripel Karmeliet 8.4% and Russian River Damnation 7.75%.
Beer Events: The Week Ahead
- Mon., April 23, 2012, 6pm-8pm: San Jose’s Wine Affairs End of Month Beerfest: Discounted draft and bottled beers. All day. 1435 The Alameda, 408-977-0111.
- Wed., April 25, 2012, 6pm-9pm: Blues & $2 Brews: North Coast Brewing Co. night at Poor House Bistro. 91 South Autumn Street, 408-292-5837.
- Thurs., April 26, 2012: Brewmaster Dinner featuring Sunnyvale’s FireHouse Grill & Brewery at California Cafe Palo Alto. 700 Welch Road. To reserve a spot, call 650-325-2233.
- Thurs., April 26, 2012, starting at 6pm: Pint night at Harry’s Hofbrau in San Jose. Check the Harry’s Hofbrau Facebook page for updates. 390 Saratoga Ave., 408-243-0434. Harry’s offered the following as a sneak peek to the coming week: “alesmith, evil twin, stillwater, midnight sun, (some draft some bottles) the release of Wookey Jack from firestone walker, and maybe another firkin?! good week!”
- Thurs., April 26, 2012, starting at 6pm: $2 Pint night at Jack’s Bar & Lounge in Japantown. Check the Jack’s Bar & Lounge Facebook page for updates. 167 East Taylor St., 408-287-5225.
- Fri., April 27, 2012, BevMo! stores host weekly Beer Tasting events on Fridays. Check your local BevMo! store for details.
- Sat., April 28, 2012, 1pm-5pm: The second SJ Beerwalk event, hosted by Jack’s Bar & Lounge, has been set for Sat., April 28, 2012 in Japantown. It will have an IPA theme.
Looking Ahead: Save the Date
- Sat., June 9, 2012: Monterey Beer Festival. South Bay breweries, including Firehouse, Tied House, Hermitage Brewing, and Strike Brewing are expected to participate in this beerfest.
- Sat., July 21, 2012, 12pm-8pm: Summer KraftBrew Beer Fest 2012.
[This post was shared on Examiner.com.]