The following is a collection of recent San Jose beer news and a list of craft beer events in San Jose and the greater South Bay for the upcoming week and beyond.
Recent Beer News
- Congratulations to Jack’s Bar & Lounge for organizing another successful SJ Beerwalk in Japantown this past Saturday, April 28, 2012.
Beer Events: The Week Ahead
- Tues., May 1, 2012, 4 p.m. – closing: Mix-It-Up 4 Mini Burger & Beer Pairings at The Counter in Santana Row, including Devil’s Canyon Full Boar Scotch Ale and Lagunitas IPA.
- Wed., May 2, 2012, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.: Blues & $2 Brews: Ballast Point Brewing night at Poor House Bistro. 91 South Autumn Street, 408-292-5837.
- Thurs., May 3, 2012, starting at special time 3:30 p.m.: Pint night at Harry’s Hofbrau in San Jose features a release party for Firestone Walker’s Wookey Jack. Check the Harry’s Hofbrau Facebook page for updates. 390 Saratoga Ave., 408-243-0434. “Firestone Walker just finished their highly anticipated Wookey Jack Imperial black IPA. We will be the first bar on the peninsula to pour it draft and we are having a Jack celebration. On draft we will have: Wookey Jack, Double Jack, Union Jack, and a firkin of Union Jack on a handpump! The rep will be here to talk beer, we will have glasses to go with the beer, free appetizers at 6:30, and lots of fun! So come be the first to try this AWESOME beer!”
- Thurs., May 3, 2012, starting at 6 p.m.: $2 Pint night at Jack’s Bar & Lounge in Japantown. Check the Jack’s Bar & Lounge Facebook page for updates. 167 East Taylor St., 408-287-5225.
- Fri., May 4, 2012, 5 p.m.: Firkin Friday (first Friday of the month) at Tied House featuring Citra hopped IPA. 954 Villa Street, 650-965-2739.
- Fri., May 4, 2012, BevMo! stores host weekly Beer Tasting events on Fridays. Check your local BevMo! store for details.
Looking Ahead: Save the Date
- Thurs., May 10, 2012, starting at special time 3:30 p.m.: Pint night at Harry’s Hofbrau in San Jose features Stone Brewing tap takeover. Check the Harry’s Hofbrau Facebook page for updates. 390 Saratoga Ave., 408-243-0434. “We will be pouring some limited release brews from Stone Brewing San Diego! We will have their Double Dry Hopped Ruination IPA, Russian Imperial Stout, Vanilla bean smoked porter, Pale ale, and Arrogant bastard. The rep from the brewery will be here, a stone glass will be included with the beer price, free appetizers at 6:30pm. This will be a really great event, hope to see you there and for all our Thursday pint nights!”
- Sat., June 9, 2012: Monterey Beer Festival. South Bay breweries, including Firehouse, Tied House, Hermitage Brewing, and Strike Brewing are expected to participate in this beerfest.
- Sat., June 16, 2012, 2 p.m. – 7 p.m.: Los Gatos Brewing Company Firkin Fest at San Pedro Square, San Jose.
- Sat., July 21, 2012, 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.: Summer KraftBrew Beer Fest 2012.
[This post was shared on Examiner.com.]