The following is a collection of recent San Jose beer news and a list of craft beer events in San Jose and the greater South Bay for the upcoming week and beyond. As events may change from time to time, please do check with the establishment directly, especially if you are extra excited about a particular event.
Recent beer news
- Check out the recent Q & A article with South Bay brewmaster Steve Donohue, currently with Hermitage Brewing Company and working on opening his own brewery, as he shares his thoughts on the South Bay beer scene as well as how he got into beer and brewing. He also confirms where he will open his brewery.
Beer events this upcoming week
- Mon., July 2, 2012: San Jose’s Wine Affairs will not have a Monday beer tasting event due to their participation in the 5th Annual Rose, White and Blue 4th of July Parade.
- Tues., July 3, 2012, 4 p.m. – closing: The Counter Santana Row, offers a “Mix-It-Up” 4 mini burger & beer pairings, including Devil’s Canyon Full Boar Scotch Ale and Lagunitas IPA. 3055 Olin Ave., 408-423-9200.
- Wed., July 4, 2012, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.: Catch live music and good beer at Poor House Bistro with “Blues & $2 Brews.” 91 South Autumn Street, 408-292-5837.
- Thurs., July 5, 2012, starting at 6:00 p.m.: Harry’s Hofbrau in San Jose hosts their weekly Pint Night. Check the Harry’s Hofbrau Facebook page for updates. 390 Saratoga Ave., 408-243-0434.
- Thurs., July 5, 2012, starting at 6 p.m.: Jack’s Bar & Lounge in Japantown offers up their weekly $2 Pint Night. Check the Jack’s Bar & Lounge Facebook page for updates. 167 East Taylor St., 408-287-5225.
- Fri., July 6, 2012: BevMo! stores host weekly Beer Tasting events on Fridays. Check your local BevMo! store for details.
Looking ahead: Save the date
- Sat., July 21, 2012, 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.: The Summer KraftBrew Beer Fest 2012 will take place in downtown San Jose on Post Street between Market and South First Streets.
- Sat., Aug. 11, 2012, 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.: The next SJ Beerwalk, coordinated by Jack’s Bar & Lounge, takes place in Campbell and will feature beer from Northern California. Check the SJ Beerwalk Facebook page for updates.
[This post was shared on Examiner.com.]