The following is a collection of recent San Jose area beer news and a list of craft beer events in San Jose and the greater South Bay for the upcoming week and beyond. As events may change from time to time, please do check with the establishment directly, especially if you are extra excited about a particular event.
Recent beer news
- Check out the recent articles on Bobby’s Liquors (the South Bay’s premier bottle shop for hard-to-get bottled beers) featuring the soon-to-open ISO: Beers craft beer bar and tasting lounge, as well as the upcoming Summer KraftBrew Beer Fest 2012.
Beer events this upcoming week
- Mon., July 16, 2012, 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.: San Jose’s Wine Affairs features Belgian beers to help kick off Belgian independence week. 1435 The Alameda, 408-977-0111.
- Tues., June 17, 2012, 4 p.m. – closing: The Counter Santana Row, offers a “Mix-It-Up” 4 mini burger & beer pairings, including Devil’s Canyon Full Boar Scotch Ale and Lagunitas IPA. 3055 Olin Ave., 408-423-9200.
- Wed., July 18, 2012, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.: Catch live music and good beer at Poor House Bistro with “Blues & $2 Brews” featuring Napa Smith Brewing Co. 91 South Autumn Street, 408-292-5837.
- Wed., July 18, 2012, 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.: A Perfect Finish Wine Bar beer tasting event in honor of the Summer Kraft Brew Beer Fest. 55 South First Street, 408-288-6000.
- Thurs., July 19, 2012, starting at 6:00 p.m.: Harry’s Hofbrau in San Jose hosts their weekly Pint Night. Check the Harry’s Hofbrau Facebook page for updates. 390 Saratoga Ave., 408-243-0434.
- Thurs., July 19, 2012, starting at 6 p.m.: Jack’s Bar & Lounge in Japantown offers up their weekly $2 Pint Night. Check the Jack’s Bar & Lounge Facebook page for updates. 167 East Taylor St., 408-287-5225.
- Fri., July 20, 2012: BevMo! stores host weekly Beer Tasting events on Fridays. Check your local BevMo! store for details.
- Sat., July 21, 2012, 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.: The Summer KraftBrew Beer Fest 2012 will take place in downtown San Jose on Post Street between Market and South First Streets.
Looking ahead: Save the date
- Wed., July 25, 2012, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.: Catch live music and good beer at Poor House Bistro with “Blues & $2 Brews” featuring Palo Alto Brewing Co. 91 South Autumn Street, 408-292-5837.
- Sat., July 28, 2012, 12:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.: California Beer Festival takes place in Santa Cruz and features a number of South Bay brewing companies.
- Sat., July 28, 2012, 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.: Bay Area Brew Festival will take place in San Francisco’s Fort Mason and will feature a number of South Bay brews.
- Sat., Aug. 11, 2012, 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.: SJ Beerwalk takes place in downtown Campbell.
[This post was shared on Examiner.com.]