Though the weekend festivities kickstarting beer week have come to a close, there are still plenty of San Jose-based SF Beer Week events remaining in the coming week and through next weekend.
Monday, Feb. 13
- 4pm-10pm, Sierra Nevada Flight Night at The Farmers Union, 151 W. Santa Clara St. – Enjoy a flight of four 5-oz. pours of Sierra Nevada Brewing Company’s more unique beers. A special beer week menu will accompany the flight featuring beer-centric appetizers from executive chef Alex Jimenez.
- 4pm-10pm, Santa Clara Valley Brewing Takeover at Taplands, 1171 Homestead Rd., #110, Santa Clara – It’s a tap takeover featuring San Jose’s SCV Brewing at Santa Clara’s Taplands. Look for flights of Loma Prieta Oatmeal Rye Imperial Stout, Bourbon Barrel Aged Loma Prieta and Rye Barrel Aged Loma Prieta, along with other SCV Brewing favorites.
- 5pm-10m, Good Tidings We Bring, to You of Good Beer (Co.) at Good Karma Artisan Ales & Cafe, 37 S. 1st St. – The Good Beer Company specializes in mixed culture and Belgian-influenced farmhouse ales. Their unique releases, often one-off variations on these favorite styles, will take center stage.
- 5pm-9pm, Karl Strauss Night at Armadillo Willy’s BBQ, 878 Blossom Hill Rd. – The beer list features Aurora Hoppyalis, Barrel-Aged Wreck Alley Imperial Stout, Pintail Pale Ale, Queen of Tarts, Red Trolley Ale and Tower 10 IPA with free glassware while supplies last.
Tuesday, Feb. 14
- 12pm-11:30pm, Pucker Up! Sour Fest 8.0 at Original Gravity Public House, 66 S. 1st St. – The 8th biannual Sour Fest features over 20+ sour beers on draft and some very special bottle releases. Check their website for the latest beer lineup.
- 4:30pm-9:30pm, Local Love ft. SJ Breweries at Nom Burger, 251 W. Washington Ave., Sunnyvale – This event at Sunnyvale’s Nom burger features San Jose-based breweries Camino Brewing, GearTooth Alewerks, Santa Clara Valley Brewing and Strike Brewing with Almanac Brewing and Golden State Brewery.
- 5pm-9pm, Beer Lover’s Delight ft. Alvarado at South Winchester BBQ, 1362 S. Winchester Blvd. – Alvarado Street Brewery tap takeover features Triple Cone, When Dove’s Cryo (Cellarmaker Collab.), Run The Juice, Motor Oil, Trios Cabrones (Amplified Collab), Kettle Cooler and Chinook XPA.
- 6pm-9pm, Taco Tuesday Cornhole Tournament at Jack’s Bar & Lounge, 167 E. Taylor St. – Hosted by Firestone Walker, you’ll need to register your team of two for $15, which includes two Firestone Walker canned beers and two tacos. There’ll be a taco stand and other drink specials, plus giveaways and prizes.
- 6pm-10pm, Valentine’s Day Sweets with Beer + Wine Pairings at Mission Creek Brewing at Whole Foods,777 The Alameda – Enjoy sweets like cheesecakes, cookies and chocolates paired with your favorite beer and wine.
Wednesday, Feb. 15
- 5pm-10pm, Wine Wednesday: Beer with Wine Influences at 20twenty cheese bar, 1389 Lincoln Ave. – Taking over their taps will be beers with a wine aspect, whether it is some juice from grapes or beer aged in wine barrels. Flight and draft specials all night.
- 5pm-8pm, Meet the Fort Point Family at Pizza Antica, 334 Santana Row – Along with other Fort Point offerings, look for the exclusive New Frontier kolsch-style beer – uniquely flavored with satsuma citrus and douglas fir – to pair with two dishes chef Bradley Ceynowa has created especially for SF Beer Week: pork belly arancini with tomato conserva and lucanica sausage, served with warm potato salad, savoy cabbage, and whole-grain mustard. Head brewer Mike Schnebeck will be on hand as well.
- 6pm-11pm, Modern Times Takeover at Harry’s Hofbrau San Jose, 390 Saratoga Ave. – Look for Bourbon Barrel-Aged Monsters’ Park with Vanilla, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Monsters’ Park, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Devil’s Teeth, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Devil’s Teeth with ?, Nitro Black House with Coconut and Cocoa Nibs, Triton Project, new hazy DIPA and more.
Thursday, Feb. 16
- 11am-10pm, Movie Day & Night at the Tap Room at Mission Creek Brewing at Whole Foods, 777 The Alameda – Enjoy films and different varieties of popcorn that complement different beers.
- 3pm-9pm, Annual Firestone Walker Night of Barrels at Harry’s Hofbrau San Jose, 390 Saratoga Ave. – On tap: XX Anniversary, XIX Anniversary, Krieky Bones, 2017 Bravo, 2016 Parabola, 2016 Stickee Monkee, 2016 Helldorado and 2016 Velvet Merkin.
- 5pm-10pm, East Bay Breweries at Smoke Eaters Almaden, 5018 Almaden Expwy – Featuring Fieldwork, Faction and Altamont, the tap list is set to include Scarcity, Juice Above the Clouds, Salty Rita, Hop Arsenal, Hella Revised, Hop Soup and Faction Pale.
- 6pm-11pm, Meet the Brewer – Altamont Beer Works at Original Gravity Public House, 66 S. 1st St. – Check their website for the latest lineup. Brewer Steve Sartori will be on hand as well.
- 6pm-10pm, High West Loves Beer and Beer Loves High West at Fibbar Magees, 156 S. Murphy Ave., Sunnyvale – High West has supplied multiple breweries with used whiskey barrels to create some phenomenal barrel aged beers. Fibbars will serve Lagunitas 2015 and 2016 High Westified Imperial Coffee Stout aged in Rye Barrels, two of Santa Clara Valley Brewing’s Loma Prieta Imperial Oatmeal Stouts (one aged in Rye, one in Bourbon) and Drake’s Barrel Aged Drakonic aged in Bourbon Barrels. They will also have High West’s American Prairie Bourbon, Double Rye, Rendezvous Rye and Campfire Whiskey.
- 7pm-12am, Karoke & Coedo Brewery Tap Takeover at 7 Bamboo Lounge, 162 Jackson St. – Featuring offerings from Japan’s Coedo Brewery, there’ll be plenty of sake and japanese whiskey along with free karaoke.
Friday, Feb. 17
- 1pm-7pm, Ice Cream Social at 20twenty cheesebar, 1389 Lincoln Ave. – The event features stout, porter and Belgian ale floats alongside cider, Not Your Father’s root beer, ginger ale and vanilla cream ale floats.
- 4pm-9pm, Night of the Barrels 2017 at The Taproom at Whole Foods, 1146 Blossom Hill Rd. – It’s nothing but barrel aged beers, both tart and sour, and thick and boozy. Special flights will also be available just on this night.
- 6pm-11pm, Bourbon County Tapping + Takeover at Harry’s Hofbrau San Jose, 390 Saratoga Ave. – Look for the only keg of Coffee Bourbon County in San Jose, as well as Bourbon County Barleywine and a two-year vertical of Bourbon County Stout. There’ll be additional offerings as well, including Lolita, Madame Rose and Juliet.
Saturday, Feb. 18
- 11am-11pm, Annual Double and Triple IPA Day at Harry’s Hofbrau San Jose, 390 Saratoga Ave. – All 31 taps will feature Double or Triple IPAs. Check their Facebook page for updates on whether they will have a certain Triple IPA from Santa Rosa.
- 11am-4pm, Sierra Nevada Burger Bash at Armadillo Willy’s BBQ, 878 Blossom Hill Rd. – Look for half-price burgers and free glassware while supplies last. On tap will be 2017 Beer Camp Golden IPA, Audition Double IPA, Black IPA, German IPA, Peach IPA and Sidecar Orange Pale Ale. Ryan from Sierra Nevada will be hanging out with additional giveaways.
- 11am-11pm, Hops for Hope at Smoke Eaters, 5018 Almaden Expwy – 15% of the total sales for the day will be donated to Lucille Packard Children’s Hospital. The current tap list includes Pliny the Younger (Russian River – limited tickets sold day of event, first-come, first-served), Pliny the Elder (Russian River), No Stems No Seeds IIIPA (Knee Deep), Doom Bloom IIIPA (Barebottle), All Hops on Deck (Moonraker), Alpha Tide (Moonraker), Scarcity IIIPA (Altamont), Green Label Hopocalypse (Drake’s), Hop Nookie IIIPA (Kern River), RPM (Boneyard), Diablo Rojo (Boneyard), Pineapple Express (Barebottle) and Citraholic (Beachwood BBQ).
- 1pm-5pm, 8th Annual Meet the Brewers Beer Festival at Hermitage Brewing Company, 1627 S. 7th St. – There’ll be live music and mobile eats along with the featured 30+ local breweries at this year’s Meet the Brewers beer fest. Tickets are $45.
- 6pm-11:30pm, Get with the Modern Times at Original Gravity Public House, 66 S. 1st St. – Check their website for the tap lineup.
Sunday, Feb. 19
- Bloody Beers & Bloody Marys with Ballast Point Spirits & 10-Tap Takeover at Jack’s Bar & Lounge, 167 E. Taylor St. – It’s a tap takeover featuring Ballast Point Brewing and Spirits, including Bloody Beers (BP Longfin Lager & BP Bloody Mary Mix), Bloody Marys (BP Fugu Vodka and BP Bloody Mary Mix), Beermosas (Longfin Lager or Sculpin and OJ), plus other BP spirits and additional draft beers. Free BBQ as well.
- Tues., 2/14 to Sat., 2/18: Lock, Stock & Thirty Smoking Barrels – A Barrel Aged Beer Event at O’Flaherty’s Irish Pub, 25 N. San Pedro St. – On tap will be 30 barrel-aged beers. Check out their website for the current list.