Beer News and Announcements
- Sunnyvale’s FireHouse Grill & Brewery announced last week that 189 cases of Hops on Rye (an American IPA, 7.50% ABV) have been bottled and are available at the brewery and store shelves.
- Sunnyvale’s Faultline Brewing Company announced last week the tapping of their Holiday Strong brew (a dark amber ale, 7.7% ABV), just in time to help you get in to the holiday spirit.
- Monday, Dec. 5: San Jose’s Wine Affairs Special Beer Tasting – Stouts vs. Porters, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m., $10 per person.
- Tuesday, Dec. 6: Santana Row’s The Counter – Every Tuesday from 4 p.m. – close, mix it up with 4 premium mini burgers and beer pairings for $14.00.
- Wednesday, Dec. 7: Palo Alto’s Rose and Crown – It is Stone Brewing Co. Night with an appearance from co-founder Greg Koch. For details on this special event, check out this post from the BetterBeerBlog.
- Thursday, Dec. 8: San Jose’s Harry’s Hofbrau – Thursday Pint Night features Firestone Walker Brewing Company. It is a Firestone Walker tap takeover, with Union Jack IPA, Double Jack DIPA, Velvet Merlin, Pale 31, DBA, and the limited 15th Anniversary Ale, which will be tapped that evening. Start time is 6 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 9: Mountain View’s Tied House Microbrewery – First Firkin Friday, where a cask of ale is tapped at 5 p.m. and the proceeds are donated to a worthy cause.
[This post was shared on Examiner.com.]