- Hermitage Brewing Company’s Hoptopia (DIPA, 8% ABV) is back on tap at Mountain View’s Tied House.
- Tied House‘s current featured beer is Jack Be Nimble Mulled Ale (4.7% ABV), which is their Ironwood Dark mulled with holiday spices.
- Sunnyvale’s Firehouse Grill & Brewery – Scotch Ale now on tap.
- Strike Brewing Co. launches this month. Three years in the making, Strike Brewing officially opens, with their initial “Session Series” consisting of four beer styles (Blonde, Wit, Brown, and Porter). Several of these beers have just become available two days ago at select South Bay locations, including the Blonde on tap at Harry’s Hofbrau in San Jose and the Porter at Tied House in Mountain View. Their launch party is set for Sat., Jan. 14, 2012 at First & Main Sports Lounge in downtown Los Altos.
- An updated website for the 4th edition of SF Beer Week (Feb. 10-19, 2012) became available earlier this week, with a starting list of associated beer events. The South Bay list of events for SF Beer Week is currently anchored by the 3rd Annual Meet the Brewers Festival (“Meet the South Bay and Santa Cruz Brewers”) on Sat., Feb. 18, 2012.
- Mon., Dec. 19, 6pm-8pm: San Jose’s Wine Affairs Special Beer Tasting – Channukah vs. Xmas Beers with Schmaltz Brewing Co., $10 per person.
- Tues., Dec. 20, starting at 4pm: Whole Foods Market and The Beer Wench present craft beer Twitter tasting series, with the first tasting in this series having the theme of holiday and winter ales. Click here for more information from Whole Foods.
- Thur., Dec. 22, starting at 6pm: Pint night at Harry’s Hofbrau in San Jose featuring Port Brewing’s Santa’s Little Helper (an Imperial Stout, 11% ABV).
Looking Beyond the Week
- Thur., Dec. 29, starting at 6pm: Pint night at Harry’s Hofbrau in San Jose featuring Deschutes Abyss (Stout aged in French oak barrels, very limited).
- Thur., Jan. 5, starting at 6pm: Pint night at Harry’s Hofbrau in San Jose featuring Allagash Interlude (ale aged in French Syrah and Cabernet barrels).
- Thur., Jan. 12, starting at 6pm: Pint night at Harry’s Hofbrau in San Jose featuring Shmaltz Hebrew 15:15 (oak aged ale).
- Sat., Jan. 14, 2012, 8pm-10pm: Strike Brewing Co. launch party at First & Main Sports Lounge in downtown Los Altos.
- Sat., Jan. 28, 2012, 3pm-9pm: Winter KraftBrew Beer Fest 2012 in downtown San Jose.
- Fri., Feb. 10-Sun., Feb. 19, 2012: 4th Edition of SF Beer Week.
- Sat., Feb. 18, 2012, 1pm-5pm: 3rd Annual Meet the Brewers Festival (“Meet the South Bay and Santa Cruz Brewers”).
[This post was shared on Examiner.com.]