- S.F. Beer Week 2012 has released the second of three release dates, and the schedule page for the South Bay region includes more San Jose area events.
- Morgan Hill’s El Toro Brewing Co. (17605 Monterey Rd.) announced this past Friday that their award-winning El Toro Oro Golden Ale (English style pale ale) is $2.50 a pint.
- For draft Pliny the Elder fans, it’s back on tap at San Jose’s Wine Affairs (1435 The Alameda).
- Mon., Jan. 9, 2012, 6pm-8pm: San Jose’s Wine Affairs Beer Tasting – High Water Brewing. $12 per person.
- Thur., Jan. 12, 2012, starting at 6pm: Pint night at Harry’s Hofbrau in San Jose (390 Saratoga Ave.) features Shmaltz Hebrew 15:15 (oak aged ale).
- Sat., Jan. 14, 2012, 8pm-10pm: Strike Brewing Co. launch party at First & Main Sports Lounge in downtown Los Altos (397 Main Street), featuring all current beers, including Blonde, Brown and Porter at special prices.
- Mon., Jan. 16, 2012, 6pm-8pm: San Jose’s Wine Affairs Beer Tasting – Anniversary Ale Tasting (keg tapping of Firestone 15th). $10 per person.
- Mon., Jan. 23, 2012, 6pm-8pm: San Jose’s Wine Affairs Special Beer Tasting and Meet the Brewer with Strike Brewing Co. $12 per person.
- Sat., Jan. 28, 2012, 3pm-9pm: Winter KraftBrew Beer Fest 2012 in downtown San Jose (Landmark Ballroom at the San Jose Women’s Club, 75 South 11th Street).
- Mon., Jan. 30, 2012, 5:30pm-8:30pm: San Jose’s Wine Affairs End of Month Beerfest.
- Fri., Feb. 10-Sun., Feb. 19, 2012: 4th Edition of SF Beer Week with a number of San Jose area events.
- Sat., Feb. 11, 2012, starting at 2pm: SJ Beerwalk in Japantown, hosted by Jack’s Bar and Lounge and Dishcrawl. “Come experience 15+ varieties of beer poured by San Jose’s retailers and restaurants while strolling with friends and neighbors.”
- Sat., Feb. 18, 2012, 1pm-5pm: 3rd Annual Meet the Brewers Festival (“Meet the South Bay and Santa Cruz Brewers 2012”) in San Jose (1627 South 7th Street). Tickets available by mid-January. Presented by Tied House Brewery/Hermitage Brewing Company. “Our 3rd Annual Meet the Brewers Festival is here! Celebrate the best of the South Bay and Santa Cruz area with the premiere festival in our area. More breweries this year…it’s gonna be hoppin! More details to come very soon.”
[This post was shared on Examiner.com.]