- Tickets are on sale for the 3rd Annual Meet the Brewers Festival presented by Tied House Brewery/Hermitage Brewing Company and BetterBeerBlog. The Festival, featuring South Bay and Santa Cruz area breweries, takes place on Sat., Feb. 18, 2012, 12pm-5pm at Hermitage Brewing Company (1627 South 7th St., San Jose) as part of SF Beer Week. Click on articles Part 1 and Part 2 for a look at the origin of this Festival and Q&As with the organizers.
- From Hermitage Brewing Company (1627 South 7th Street, San Jose, 408-291-0966) this past week: “Guess who just got 4 outta 5 stars from Celebrator Beer News for their Hoptopia DIPA? Why yes, that was us!”
- A couple recent announcements from Campbell Brewing Company (200 East Campbell Ave., 408-866-2699) – Regarding their newest seasonal Belgian XXXX: “…huge notes of caramel, dark cherry, plums, raisins, and candied citrus. On the sweeter side. Was stored for 3 years developing its ‘dark strong’ taste.” And “Per Brew Master Jim T…. ‘the strongest of all Belgians, originally brewed by Trappist monks during Lent, to nourish them while they fast.'” Also regarding their latest batch of Pale Ale: “California style pale ale, spicy, very floral, nice malty balance.” And “Brew Master Jim T. says it is the ‘best’ he has ever made.”
- This past week from Faultline Brewing Company (1235 Oakmead Parkway, Sunnyvale, 408-736-2739): “We are excited to announce we are now poring our brand new Weizen Bock! This is our brewer Peter’s first attempt at this Bavarian brew which is a winter wheat beer that is as strong as a bock – with corresponding fuller body, and enhanced flavors. Come by for a pint, we’d love to know what you think!”
- From Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery (1875 South Bascom Ave., Campbell, 408-377-0707): “We have a new head brewer on our team! Be sure to say hello to Russell when you come in.”
- Morgan Hill’s El Toro Brewing Co. Brewpub (17605 Monterey Road, Morgan Hill, 408-782-2739) recently released details on their February Fest, a German beerfest with food specials and live music. It is set for Sat., Feb. 25, 4pm-8pm.
- Announced this past week from BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse (10690 North De Anza Blvd., Cupertino, 408-865-6970; 925 Blossom Hill Road, San Jose, 408.284.4260): “Now tapping BJ’s Abbey Normal – the 1st beer in our 2012 Seasonal Beer Series! A full-bodied, light brown ale with a fruity flavor profile – available for a limited time. Stop by today!”
- Mon., Feb. 6, 2012, 6pm-8pm: San Jose’s Wine Affairs Barrel-aged beers. $12 per person or free for members. 1435 The Alameda, 408-977-0111.
- Fri., Feb. 10-Sun., Feb. 19, 2012: 4th Edition of SF Beer Week with a number of South Bay and related events taking place throughout the opening weekend, Fri-Sun., Feb. 10-12. See the SF Beer Week South Bay events page for more details.
- Fri., Feb. 10, 2012, 6pm-10pm: SF Beer Week Opening Celebration – a number of South Bay breweries will be pouring at this event, including Firehouse Brewery & Grill, Strike Brewing, Gordon Biersch, and BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse.
- Sat., Feb. 11, 2012, 2pm-5pm: As mentioned in an earlier article, SJ Beerwalk takes place in Japantown and is hosted by Jack’s Bar and Lounge and Dishcrawl as part of SF Beer Week. “Come experience 15+ varieties of beer poured by San Jose’s retailers and restaurants while strolling with friends and neighbors.”
- Sat., Feb. 11, 2012, 7pm-9pm: San Jose’s Wine Affairs IPA Blind Tasting as part of SF Beer Week. “Time to put your tastebuds to the test. Which truly is the best IPA out there? You may think you know but perhaps the answer will surprise us all! Featuring some big name IPAs and some you’ve never heard of. Bring your game face, these hoppy beers aren’t messing around.”
- Mon., Feb. 13, 2012, 6pm-8pm: San Jose’s Wine Affairs South Bay Breweries Tasting as part of SF Beer Week. “Show your love for the South Bay! Beer Tasting Event highlighting only South Bay based breweries. Featuring Devil’s Canyon, Tied House/Hermitage, Firehouse, Strike Brewing and more!”
- Tues., Feb. 14, 2012, 6pm-closing: The first of five beer events hosted by Harry’s Hofbrau in San Jose as part of SF Beer Week.
- Thur., Feb. 16, 2012, 6pm-9pm: South Bay Brewmaster Dinner at California Cafe Palo Alto (700 Welch Road, Palo Alto; 650-325-2233) as part of SF Beer Week. “California Cafe in Palo Alto is hosting a 5 course dinner with 5 South Bay Breweries. There will be two beers per course. Tied House, Strike, Firehouse, Campbell Brewing, and one more! We will be putting breweries head to head, tasting the difference in their brewing styles, hear the brew masters describe their beers.” $55.00 per person.
- Sat., Feb. 18, 2012, 1pm-5pm: 3rd Annual Meet the Brewers Festival (“Meet the South Bay and Santa Cruz Brewers 2012”) in San Jose (1627 South 7th Street). Tickets available by mid-January. Presented by Tied House Brewery/Hermitage Brewing Company as part of SF Beer Week. “Our 3rd Annual Meet the Brewers Festival is here! Celebrate the best of the South Bay and Santa Cruz area with the premiere festival in our area. More breweries this year…it’s gonna be hoppin! More details to come very soon.”
- Sat., Feb. 25, 2012, 4pm-8pm: February Fest at Morgan Hill’s El Toro Brewing Co. Brewpub – a German beerfest with food specials and live music.
- Sat., July 21, 2012, 12pm-8pm: Summer KraftBrew Beer Fest 2012
[This post was shared on Examiner.com.]