- Mon., April 9, 2012, 6pm-8pm: San Jose’s Wine Affairs Beer Tasting: Strong ales. $10 per person or free for members. 1435 The Alameda, 408-977-0111.
- Wed., April 11, 2012, 6pm-9pm: Blues & $2 Brews: Dark ales tasting night at Poor House Bistro. 91 South Autumn Street, 408-292-5837.
- Thurs., April 12, 2012, starting at 6pm (different than the usual 6pm start time): Pint night at Harry’s Hofbrau in San Jose. Check the Harry’s Hofbrau Facebook page for updates. 390 Saratoga Ave., 408-243-0434.
- Thurs., April 12, 2012, starting at 6pm: $2 Pint night at Jack’s Bar & Lounge in Japantown. Check the Jack’s Bar & Lounge Facebook page for updates. 167 East Taylor St., 408-287-5225.
- Fri., April 13, 2012: Firkin Friday at Tied House featuring Orange & Blacktopia (in honor of the S.F. Giants home opener), blackened Hoptopia with extra Citra hops added (typically the first Friday of the month but delayed a week this month due to the holiday weekend). 954 Villa Street, 650-965-2739.
- Fri., April 13, 2012, BevMo! stores host weekly Beer Tasting events on Fridays. Check your local BevMo! store for details.
- Mon., April 16, 2012, 6pm-8pm: San Jose’s Wine Affairs Beer Tasting: Stone Brewing vertical tasting. $12 per person and $5 for members. 1435 The Alameda, 408-977-0111.
- Fri., April 20, 2012: Lagunitas Multi-Tap Event at Harry’s Hofbrau in San Jose. “For all you Lagunitas fans the next time we will be doing a multi tap event will be April 20 when we will tap an extremely rare keg that Lagunitas only brews for that particular day. Only 40 bars nationwide will have this brew and every bar will tap it at the same time (4:20). Plus one of the last kegs of their phenomenal Holiday Sucks IPA.”
- Sat., April 21, 2012, 12pm-4pm: The Bay Area Craft Beer Festival in Martinez, CA. South Bay breweries, including Strike Brewing Co., are expected to participate in this beerfest.
- Thurs., April 26, 2012: Brewmaster Dinner featuring Triple Voodoo Brewery at California Cafe Palo Alto. 700 Welch Road. To reserve a spot, call 650-325-2233.
- Sat., April 28, 2012: The second SJ Beerwalk event has been set for Sat., April 28, 2012. It will have an IPA theme. More details to follow.
- Sat., June 9, 2012: Monterey Beer Festival. South Bay breweries, including Firehouse, Tied House, Hermitage Brewing, and Strike Brewing are expected to participate in this beerfest.
- Sat., July 21, 2012, 12pm-8pm: Summer KraftBrew Beer Fest 2012.
[This post was shared on Examiner.com.]