Simply visiting your local beer spot can be an event in and of itself. But sometimes there are extra special events – beer release parties, tap takeovers, beerwalks, beer fests, beer weeks, beer dinners, etc. – taking place throughout San Jose and nearby.
These events help to elevate the local beer scene. And I love the fact that we’ve reached the point where it’s very challenging to keep track of all the special beer-related events going on in the South Bay.
That said, many of the San Jose beer events – as well as those nearby – are listed below.
Please contact me if I’m missing any.
If you’re especially excited about an upcoming event, consider checking in with the venue beforehand to confirm that the event is a go.
- Wed., 1/10: Big Wall Imperial Stout seasonal release (draft and 22 oz. bottles) at Strike Brewing Company (“The 2018 edition is thick and boozy, with aggressive notes of espresso, dark chocolate, and tobacco… The bombers should age gracefully if properly cellared.”)
- Fri., 1/12: 6th New beer release – War and Peace DDH Guava Milkshake IPA – from their Nebula Series of New England Style IPAs at Hapa’s Brewing Company. Collaboration beer with New World Ales and available on tap and in cans (first time). “Nose is pure pink guava with some underlying tropical notes and the taste has minimum bitterness and maximum flavor.”
- Sat., 1/13, 5-9pm: Krazy Farm Meet the Maker and Cider Release at The Cider Junction
- Sat., 1/20, 5-9pm: Stem Cider Launch in CA at The Cider Junction
- Fri., 1/26: TAP’T Beer & Kitchen grand opening celebration
- Sun., 1/28, 6-9:30pm: An Evening of Curious Friendship (an ‘Inside the Brewers’ event) at City Lights Theater Company
- Fri., 2/9 – Sun., 2/18: 10th Annual SF Beer Week
- Sat., 2/10: 1-4pm: The Beerwalk in Downtown San Jose
- Sat., 2/10: 1-Year Anniversary Celebration at Hapa’s Brewing Company
- Wed., 2/14, 6-9pm: Stouts & Sweets in Downtown Campbell – Mini Beerwalk Series
- Sat., 2/24: Bacon and Beer Classic at Levi’s Stadium
- Sat., 3/10, 2-7pm: Hop N’ Vine 2018 at Santa Clara County Fairgrounds
- Thu., 3/22, 5-8pm: San Jose Sharks & Breweries in Downtown San Jose – Mini Beerwalk Series
- Sat., 5/12: Pints For Pups at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds